Saturday, April 8, 2017

a little bit of art...well mostly a doodle

Sometimes I like to sit with a black pen and just doodle. It's always been a way to relax and just let my mind clear itself.

I've read that doodling helps with memory and retaining whatever it is you're listening to while making marks on paper.

This one is from this morning.  I didn't want to dust and sweep the house as I normally do on Saturday mornings, so got out my box of pens and pre cut watercolor paper, put on some nice Classical music and just started making marks...

I used a uni-ball AIR. which makes a nice solid black line.  It didn't run out of ink and the pen didn't skip a single time.  It dries fairly quick, but when you are basically washing the paper with ink, it can smear a bit if you are not careful.



Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. I like it! "... We have got to get ourselves back to the garden ..."
    Did you know that the author/illustrator Nancy Carlson has been doing a doodle every day for several years now? http://nancycarlson.com/doodles/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to look her up. Thank you

      Delete
  2. Art, for sure. Margaret brought home a set of cards based on colored pencil drawings from a shop in Taos. We watched the artist do one on site. She markets both originals and inkjet copies in various formats and also offers them on line at http://galleryreina.com/. Seems like this last one and the general theme would do well at places like the VLA, the Alamogordo Museum and the Natural History Museum. Or, you could just set up a roadside stand and and sell cards and pancakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's some really nice pencil work! I had not heard of her, so will be looking intently. Yes, pancakes and art by the side of the road...and maybe some pinon nuts...Yes, I can see me doing just that! :-)

      Delete
  3. This would make a nice t-shirt! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, thanks Joe. I can sort of imagine this on a shirt. I never think much beyond the paper when I draw and doodle, but I believe you are right about this one! thanks!

      Delete

Sometimes Pancakes, but mostly brownies

It occurred to me today that I had not shared a recipe in a while. Today I fix that! I love a good brownie.  Actually, I adore a good b...