Saturday, February 4, 2017

a window view

Ever since I was a kid, I've been staring out windows.

I have specific memories from 6th grade art class in our old (now torn down) Woodrow Wilson Junior High School building, looking out across the campus toward Highway 90 and the Dairy Queen that sat across the street. There's probably some old moth eaten drawings of this scene somewhere in an old cedar chest at my Dad's house that were done as assignments....

And as long as I can remember, in each class, I had a window seat...on purpose, just so I could look outside.

Window shots.  Never easy to do but I always try since I'm such a pushover for them.

This one was made at the Denver Art Museum with the little Olympus Infinity 3.5. 



The light and shadows mimicked the forms outside enough that I just stood and watched the light for a while before I ever clicked the shutter.

2 comments:

  1. You and the mju found a nice balance for that tricky indoor/outdoor shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you.
    I'm giving all the credit to the Olympus. It manages to reveal the scene as I like it. It's really handy to carry around and quite the workhorse.

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes Pancakes, but mostly brownies

It occurred to me today that I had not shared a recipe in a while. Today I fix that! I love a good brownie.  Actually, I adore a good b...