Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Welcome!

Just like you, I'm kinda tired of all the political talk, and just want to chill and look at photos, talk about art, and cook soul warming food.

I'm not sticking my head in the sand and ignoring what's going on in the world---I just need a place of refuge where it's warm and fuzzy.

We get enough muddy mind talk elsewhere, so this won't be one of those places.

For starters I'm going to share a recipe that I made a week ago and it was a big hit in our house.

It's called an Apple Sharlotka, or maybe known as a Russian Apple Cake and it is divine!

It's a relatively easy recipe and will have your house smelling wondrous!

This all started when an ad showed up on my Facebook feed that said if you wanted to be a formidable baker, you should bake one cake each month.  I took that challenge to heart and the Apple Sharlotka was my first venture.

Sorry I don't have a photo of it, but the recipe I used is Here:

Apple Sharlotka


The cake is best served warm and will not last long!  It's good for any time of day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sometimes Pancakes, but mostly brownies

It occurred to me today that I had not shared a recipe in a while. Today I fix that! I love a good brownie.  Actually, I adore a good b...