Sunday, May 7, 2017

The slow road home...

I've mentioned before that Hwy 60 in New Mexico is my favorite road.

Route 66 gets all the attention, but 60 is where my heart is.


This is just north of where the Very Large Array of radio telescopes are...you know, the dishes...

The exempt tracks are for transporting the big antennae to their different spots.


 the dishes in the distance...right now they are close together...but not for long...

 

the view driving home on the slow road....

all photos made with my "good" Holga and Tri-x

4 comments:

  1. A good place for those wide scenics. I've been as far as Pie Town a couple times, but only crossed 60 incidentally past there at Sho Lo and southeast of Phoenix. Pie Town always brings Russell Lee's work to mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, Pie Town reminds me of project photographers during the depression as well.
      They would have laughed at the Holga back then....

      Delete
  2. It looks like a journey that's not to be rushed. That second photo is especially wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks! That road is so good. It's not traveled as much as Route 66 or I-40, and the pace is pinhole rate...
    If it never catches on , that will be just fine with me.

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes Pancakes, but mostly brownies

It occurred to me today that I had not shared a recipe in a while. Today I fix that! I love a good brownie.  Actually, I adore a good b...