Monday, March 13, 2017

Spring is in the air...and a star party

The trees are budding out, it's getting warmer, the days are longer and I painted my kitchen!

Yes, it's time to Spring clean and spiffy up.

It was also time to go to a UNM star party last Friday night and help out some students do their astronomy "labs" or homework.

I took my Spotmatic SPF with me and shot a few night photos at the UNM observatory.

Black and white, Arista EDU 100 speed film

f/4 and 5 minutes does it on a 55mmTakumar 1.8  lens.



I like this combo. The camera has the right amount of heft to it and feels nice in hand.

I used a tripod for the 5 minute shots and you can see some of the students left ghost images during the exposures.



The UNM Observatory is open to the public along with students during regular school weeks.  This week is Spring Break, so no star party will be held on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sometimes Pancakes, but mostly brownies

It occurred to me today that I had not shared a recipe in a while. Today I fix that! I love a good brownie.  Actually, I adore a good b...