Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Hanging in There

Some photographers feel they need to travel far and wide to find the perfect place to make photos.

For me, it's just down my driveway and down the hill from where I live.

I've been watching this tree slowly fall over the past few months, barely clinging onto a small clump of dirt with all the might it can.

The highway crew will probably come trim it away or it is going to just toppled over into the road sometime this winter.  I'm rooting for it to hang on as long as possible, but wanted to have a photo of it before it's gone.  Which leads me to something I'm going to try to be more diligent about in 2017....

If I see something I want a photo of, I'm going to do it then!  I'm not going to tell myself it will be there later, or next week, or I'll come back..NO.  Do it now.  Get the photo because it might not be there later.  Or the light will change, or the tree will fall over, or whatever.  Something will change and it won't be like it was when you wanted it in the first place.

Don't wait.




Photo made with an Olympus Infinity 3.5.

It was given to me by a friend that had found it at a thrift store! 

Bulk rolled Delta 100.  I love this little camera, it fits in a pocket and never complains!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sometimes Pancakes, but mostly brownies

It occurred to me today that I had not shared a recipe in a while. Today I fix that! I love a good brownie.  Actually, I adore a good b...