Monday, January 30, 2017

Breathe in, Breathe out, Repeat, Play again....


This is near Maxwell, New Mexico.

I'm not sure how many miles south of Raton, New Mexico this is, but I always stop here and admire the view and usually take a few snapshots.

There's a conveniently placed crossover (overpass) to stand on and just watch traffic below on I-25.

It's peaceful watching travelers and truckers on their way north and south.

I'm also a bit curious as to where all the dirt and rocks went that they carved away to make the cut through this hill?


A bit farther south and this is the view west out the car window going 75mph.  Nothing but grassland, antelope and windmills out here. It's still peaceful to just watch as the land goes by.

Olympus Infinity 3.5 with Fuji Superia 400 colour film.

A good combo for this.


3 comments:

  1. Those are fine shots representing the New Mexico landscape. The forms on either side of the cut suggest a reference to the architectural remains from the area's ancient cultures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mike. It's interesting how modern times hint at times past.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you like the Superia? I like Portra for people and most everything really. It's good to look around though.

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes Pancakes, but mostly brownies

It occurred to me today that I had not shared a recipe in a while. Today I fix that! I love a good brownie.  Actually, I adore a good b...